Radio News Reporter (Part-time)
CCIM is the only independent and professional media organization in Cambodia that works to promote human rights and responsible journalism through both media production and dissemination and implementation of community projects. CCIM is seeking a qualified candidate to fill in two positions based in Phnom Penh as below:
Title: Radio News Reporter
Scope: The reporter is responsible for producing daily news, occasional feature reports, interview and investigative reports for CCIM radio.
Reports to: Bulletin News Editor
- Produce daily news/ feature/ interview/investigative report.
- Prepare reports as required by bulletin News Editors or Radio Manager.
- Work as master of ceremony (MC).
- Undertake training and capacity building activities
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor degree in Journalism skill or related field
- At least last 2 year’s successful working experience in the position of news reporter
- Successful experience in producing breaking news, in-depth reports, features, interviews, and investigative reports
- Good interpersonal and written communications skills
- Good computer literacy in MS Office programs, Khmer Unicode and Adobe Audition
- Proficient in speaking, reading and writing in English
- Effective use of social media networks, internet and email for research and investigation
- Wide understanding of social issues and capable of critical thinking and discussion
- Able to work overtime, on holiday or on weekend, and to travel to the provinces when required
- A passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance
The Radio News Reporter must be a dedicated team member with a passion for press freedom issues in Cambodia and with a demonstrable understanding of the goals of CCIM and VOD.
CCIM promotes equal employment opportunities and welcomes applications from women and minority groups.
A competitive salary in line with the not-for-profit sector and your experience plus employment benefits.
To be eligible for employment with CCIM you must be legally entitled to work in Cambodia and have satisfactory background checks prior to employment.
For further information please contact 060 418 888 or visit the job’s page at www.ccimcambodia.org/job-opportunity
Applicants must send their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 18th September 2016 by putting the position you would like to apply in the subject line.
Applicants must include their CV and a document describing their skills and experience for each of the selection criteria.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.