CCIM is the only independent and professional media organization in Cambodia that works to promote human rights and responsible journalism through both media production and dissemination and implementation of community projects. CCIM is seeking a qualified Cambodian candidate to fill in a position based in Phnom Penh as below:
Title: News Editor
Scope The News Editor is responsible for editing and publishing the qualities of daily bulletin news on time.
Reports to: Media Director
- Ensure the qualities of production and publishing of the daily news.
- Develop work plan and annual calendar for the team such as suggested interviews, features, special event productions.
- Participate with other teams to design recommendations and participate in activities designed to encourage staff motivation & capacity development.
- Keep tracking the daily news reports done to data system.
- Provide capacity building internally and externally if required by CCIM.
- Other duties as required
- A bachelor’s degree in the media sector or other relevant field
- At least three years’ experience as News Editor
- Experience in using Adobe Audition 3.0 or similar software
- Able to work flexible hours and travel to province
- Good team player
- Proficient English speaker and capable of listening, writing and reading in English
- Strong Leadership skills
- Capable of using social media networks, internet and email
- Competent at typing Khmer Unicode and using Microsoft office
- Good communication skills and relations with other journalists
- Wider understanding of social issues
- Capable of creative, critical thinking and speaking
- Able to work overtime, on roster, on holiday or on weekend, and travel to the provinces when required
- Ability to write national and/or international news analysis for online and radio
- A passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance
The News Editor must be a dedicated team member with a passion for press freedom issues in Cambodia and with a demonstrable understanding of the goals of CCIM and VOD.
CCIM promotes equal employment opportunities and welcomes applications from women and minority groups.
A competitive salary in line with the not-for-profit sector and your experience plus employment benefits.
To be eligible for employment with CCIM you must be legally entitled to work in Cambodia and have satisfactory background checks prior to employment.
For further information please contact 060 418 888 or visit the job’s page at http://vodhotnews.com/category/jobs-opportunity/
Applicants must send their application and salary expectation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 30th November 2017 by putting the position you would like to apply in the subject line.
Applicants must include their CV and a document describing their skills and experience for each of the selection criteria.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.