Title: Project Assistant
Scope: CCIM’s Project Assistant assists CCIM’s Project Manager in the implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of specific projects’ activities. Project Assistant provides financial and administrative supports to ensure CCIM accountability to its stakeholders, including donors and the project target groups.
Reports to: Project Manager
- Assist in the planning and implementation of specific projects’ activities to achieve agreed goals
- Assist in the delivery of project’s events in coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Communicate with projects’ target group when relevant
- Follow up the projects’ action plan to anticipate activities to be implemented
- Check that the implementation of activities are done in line with the projects proposal rationale and indicators
- Propose recommendations for project management improvements based on lessons learnt from the projects’ day to day implementation
- Maintains and updates project documents in the appropriate database
- Assist in the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of specific projects’ activities to ensure quality standards are met
- In close cooperation with the M&E coordinator and the assistance of the M&E trainee:
- Participates to the design and implementation of M&E tools in accordance with the project objectives
- Assists in reporting on the projects’ achievements and challenges to the donors through the use of M&E results
- Ensure all M&E data and analysis are available in appropriate database
- Assist in the administrative and financial management of specific projects’ activities to guarantee CCIM accountability to its stakeholders
- Elaborate administrative and other supportive documents such as meeting minutes, meeting attendance forms, invitation letters, partners and target groups contact details listings, etc.)
- Assist in managing the projects’ budgets including basic financial reports
- Translate document from English to Khmer and Khmer to English
- Book venues and annexed service when events are conducted outside the office
- Tertiary qualification in human rights and development, project management or relevant area
- At least 1 year successful experience in similar position
- Demonstrated success in project management activities
- Knowledge and skills in monitoring, evaluation and donor reporting
- Effective and efficient administration skills relevant to the position
- Good written and spoken Khmer and English, especially in drafting reports
- Ability to work with different teams within the organization and manage competing priorities
- Skills in MS Office and computer literacy
- Speak fluent and good writing skills in Khmer and English
- Sound understanding of media independence and human rights in Cambodia
- A passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance.
- A passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance
The Project Assistant must be a dedicated team member with a passion for press freedom issues in Cambodia and with a demonstrable understanding of the goals of CCIM and VOD.
CCIM is the only independent and professional media organization in Cambodia that works to promote human rights and responsible journalism through both media production and dissemination and implementation of community projects.
CCIM promotes equal employment opportunities and welcomes applications from women and minority groups.
This is a permanent position. A competitive salary in line with the not-for-profit sector and your experience plus employment benefits.
To be eligible for employment with CCIM you must be legally entitled to work in Cambodia and have satisfactory background checks prior to employment.
For further information on this position contact 060 418 888 or visit the job’s page at www.ccimcambodia.org/job-opportunity
Applicants must send their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 26th March 2017.
Applicants must include their CV and a document describing their skills and experience for each of the selection criteria.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.