Citizen Journalists Coordinator
CCIM is the only independent and professional media organization in Cambodia that works to promote human rights and responsible journalism through both media production and dissemination and implementation of community projects. CCIM is seeking a qualified candidate to fill in a position based in Phnom Penh as below:
Title: Citizen Journalists Coordinator
Scope: Reporting to the Media Director, the role of the Citizen Journalist Coordinator (CJC) is to establish and coordinate an integrated and effective citizen journalist (CJ) network for CCIM. The position will build the capacity and skills of existing and new CJs in producing newsworthy reports on human rights abuses and democratic governance issues.
Reports to: Media Director
- Coordinate the establishment of an integrated and efficient CJs national network
- Ensure the quality of CCIM’s CJs’ human rights monitoring and media reporting through the coordination of capacity building activities
- Ensure CJs’ information collected from the field is used by media as well as human rights advocacy organizations
- Coordinate reporting and ensure effective liaison across CCIM teams and projects
- Other duties as required
- Tertiary qualifications in Journalism or related area
- At least 3 years successful experience in journalism/media and activity coordination
- Successful experience in developing and managing a network of staff
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills relevant to NGO and media groups
- Experience in developing training and mentoring activities for emerging journalists
- Promotional skills to facilitate the publication/broadcast of CJ reports by other NGOs
- High level communication skills in Khmer and English including editing skills
- Ability to work across teams, manage competing priorities manage CJs remotely to meet work goals
- High level skills in MS Office and computer literacy
- Sound understanding of media independence and human rights in Cambodia
- A passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance.
- A passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance
Citizen Journalists Coordinator must be a dedicated team member with a passion for press freedom issues in Cambodia and with a demonstrable understanding of the goals of CCIM and VOD.
CCIM is the only independent and professional media organization in Cambodia that works to promote human rights and responsible journalism through both media production and dissemination and implementation of community projects.
CCIM promotes equal employment opportunities and welcomes applications from women and minority groups.
To be eligible for employment with CCIM you must be legally entitled to work in Cambodia and have satisfactory background checks prior to employment.
For further information on this position contact 060 418 888 or visit the job’s page at www.ccimcambodia.org/job-opportunity
Applicants must send their application by email to email@example.com by close of business on 31th December 2016.
Applicants must include their CV and a document describing their skills and experience for each of the selection criteria.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.