CCIM is the only independent and professional media organization in Cambodia that works to promote human rights and responsible journalism through both media production and dissemination and implementation of community projects. CCIM is seeking a qualified candidate to fill in a position based in Phnom Penh as below:
Title: Communications and Advocacy Officer
Scope: The Communications & Advocacy Officer works alongside with the OD&C Director in building partnership with donors and other stakeholders to promote the mission of CCIM and strengthen its organization’s sustainability. Takes the lead in undertaking advocacy activities and collaborate with other units in integrating advocacy strategies of CCIM in their activities.
Reports to: OD&C Director
Manages: Assistant or Trainees
Salary range: 492USD – 700USD
- Assist the OD&C Director in planning, development and implementation of communications strategy to donors and stakeholders to strengthen and expand partnership to support CCIM.
- Develop creative social marketing tools for CCIM and assist other units in developing similar tools for their units such as the VOD and Sarika FM
- Work with the Marketing and Media teams to ensure consistent branding of CCIM, VOD and Sarika across all communication and promotional materials.
- Develop advocacy strategies and guidelines which includes advocacy campaign activities and messaging on CCIM’s focus areas including Freedom of the Press, Freedom of Expression, Access to Information, and Internet Freedom.
- Work with Media teams in integrating advocacy strategies in their activities.
- Build, strengthen, and promote partnership and relationships with national and international media organizations and journalists on advocacy and campaigns.
- Represent CCIM at meetings, conferences and seminars and serve as CCIM’s spokesperson when delegated.
- Some tasks are required to travel to the target areas across the country or the region
- Other additional tasks can be requested by the direct supervisor or Executive Director when needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Communications, Journalism, Project Management Development study, Human Rights, Political Science, etc.)
- At least 3 year experience in developing communications strategy, advocacy planning, project management, and fundraising activities, preferably with an NGO
- Passionate and interested in working in media and human rights advocacy sectors
- Excellent written and spoken English and Khmer. Excellent interpersonal communication.
- High level of organizational skills, experience in researching and interpreting data (i.e. media monitoring), basic experience in database management.
- High-level skills in MS Office and computer literacy, Knowledge of Khmer Unicode typing
- A passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance.
- Knowledge of press freedom issues in a local and international context
- Knowledge of human rights issues and the political situation in Cambodia
- Good knowledge and/or existing relationships with Cambodian media networks. Knowledge of Cambodian civil society networks is a plus.
- A passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance
The Communications and Advocacy Officer must be a dedicated team member with a passion for press freedom issues in Cambodia and with a demonstrable understanding of the goals of CCIM and VOD.
CCIM is the only independent and professional media organization in Cambodia that works to promote human rights and responsible journalism through both media production and dissemination and implementation of community projects.
CCIM promotes equal employment opportunities and welcomes applications from women and minority groups.
This is a permanent position. A competitive salary in line with the not-for-profit sector and your experience plus employment benefits.
To be eligible for employment with CCIM you must be legally entitled to work in Cambodia and have satisfactory background checks prior to employment.
For further information on this position contact 060 418 888 or visit the job’s page at www.ccimcambodia.org/job-opportunity
Applicants must send their application by email to email@example.com by close of business on 18th September 2016.
Applicants must include their CV and a document describing their skills and experience for each of the selection criteria.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.