Camera Operator/Video Editor
CCIM is the only independent and professional media organization in Cambodia that works to promote human rights and responsible journalism through both media production and dissemination and implementation of community projects. CCIM is seeking a qualified candidate to fill in a position based in Phnom Penh as below:
Title: Camera Operator/Video Editor
Scope: The Camera Operator/Video Editor is directly responsible and shooting news/feature reports assigned to him/her by their Editor/Producer and Online TV Manager.
Reports to: Online TV Producer/Editor
- Produce daily news/ feature/ investigative report
- Gather information, materials from sources for shooting with best angle and check camera before shooting
- Consult with editors when able to discover or shooting event in the field or during field work
- Must be well prepare for pre-pro and post production
- Shoot footage for live political, social events and in house studio productions
- Edit the aforementioned material effectively and competently
- Develop a vast range of video materials, news and information
- Keep camera in a safe place, maintenance and daily check
- Submit to editors for editing before deadline
- Respect VOD TV news operational guideline standard
- Ensure all production in safe place
- Store all video product in server and divide it by category for easy to access
- Before deleting any video file, camera operator must discuss with Editor or TV Manager
- Camera operator do not allow to distribute product to third party without approval from Management Committee
- Mission to province
- Follow the editors and TV manager’s assignment when require to cover an event in the province
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor degree in journalism or related field
- At least last 2 year’s successful working experience in the position of Camera Operator
- Successful experience in shooting breaking news, in-depth reports and interviews
- Proficient English speaker, and capable of listening, writing and reading in English
- Good interpersonal and written communications skills
- Good computer literacy across MS Office programs, Internet research, typing Khmer Unicode
- Capable of using social media networks, internet and email
- Experience in using Video Editing (Adobe Premiere, Eduis)
- Wider understanding of social issues
- Capable of creative, critical thinking and speaking
- Able to travel to the provinces when required
- A passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance.
The Camera Operator/Video Editor must be a dedicated team member with a passion for press freedom issues in Cambodia and with a demonstrable understanding of the goals of CCIM and VOD.
CCIM promotes equal employment opportunities and welcomes applications from women and minority groups.
A competitive salary in line with the not-for-profit sector and your experience plus employment benefits.
To be eligible for employment with CCIM you must be legally entitled to work in Cambodia and have satisfactory background checks prior to employment.
For further information please contact 060 418 888 or visit the job’s page at www.ccimcambodia.org/job-opportunity
Applicants must send their application by email to email@example.com by close of business on 2nd July 2017 by putting the position you would like to apply in the subject line.
Applicants must include their CV and a document describing their skills and experience for each of the selection criteria.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.